We partner with a leading relocation company to provide you with an attractive relocation fee. Feel free to contact us to discuss this option.





Your Family

Read More

Your spouse and dependent children are entitled to enter Canada though they will require their own immigration documentation. Your spouse will be entitled an “open work permit” that allows your spouse to work for any employer.  Younger children will be allowed to attend school in Canada without paying international fees.  Older children desiring to study in a Canadian college or university will be subject international student rates.

Obtaining a Social Insurance Number

Read More

All Canadians (and foreign workers) require a Social Insurance Number (“SIN”) to work in Canada or to receive government benefits. After receiving a work permit from CIC, workers require a Social Insurance Number from Service Canada. SIN is a nine-digit number used in the administration of various Canadian government programs.

Health Insurance

Read More

Temporary foreign workers who hold a valid work permit may be eligible for provincial health benefits.  In Ontario foreign workers are eligible for Ontario Health Insurance Plan (“OHIP”) coverage if they meet the following requirements:

  • must  be employed full-time for an employer in Ontario for a minimum of 6 months and:
  • Maintain primary place of residence in Ontario; and
  • Be physically present in Ontario for at least 153 days in any 12-month period, and
  • Be physically present in Ontario for 153 of the first 183 days immediately after establishing residency in the province
For Further information visit the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care website. Once the foreign worker is eligible dependents will also be eligible for OHIP coverage. TECHMIND International is happy to assist workers with all aspects of their relocation to Canada including work permits, health coverage, procurement of SIN number etc.


Read More

If you work temporarily in Canada during the tax year, you may have to file a Canadian income tax return. For further information about the tax consequences of your employment please see Revenue Canada’s website.