Placement, Relocation and Immigration

Are you interested in immigrating to Canada and securing employment in your field before you leave your country? TECHMIND International offers a unique opportunity to start the process without going through the restrictive Federal Skilled Worker program.

We help match top end technology talent with leading Canadian employers.  We carefully review and evaluate your credentials taking the time to find the right fit.You will arrive in Canada ready to begin working in your field with one of our top clients.  At the same time, our sister company, Levine Associates can assist employees with the Canadian  immigration process.  This is a unique opportunity that combines job security with a smooth transition to permanent residency in Canada. Please refer to the immigration section to learn more about our immigration services.







Read More

We understand that making the move to Canada requires a high level of commitment and we make sure that our candidates are matched with the right employer.  We are looking to work with the best and brightest individuals in their field.  There are a number of specific requirements that we verify before initiating the placement process:

  • Candidates must have completed a college or university degree in their field. A bachelor’s degree or an equivalent three or four year completed degree is a minimum requirement. You will not be able to work in Canada unless you have a degree in your field.  We cannot begin the placement process until we are presented with a notarized copy of the degree.
  • Candidates must have at least one complete year of work experience in their field;
  • Candidates must have a strong command of oral and written English.
  • Candidates must have a clean criminal record.

The Placement Process

Read More

The process begins with evaluating employee credentials and discussing the type of options that best suit your needs.  We work with Canadian employers to obtain a job offer. Interviews are conducted via Skype.  Once an employer extends a job offer, we work to obtain a Labour Market Impact Assessment (“LMIA”) on behalf of the employer or help you receive a Provincial Nomination Certificate. The LMIA is issued by Employment and Social Development Canada when it has been satisfied there is no worker in Canada capable of filling the position. The Provincial Nomination Certificate is issued by the province where you will be working. Both the Provincial Nomination Certificate and the LMIA enable you to apply for a work permit.

Work Permit and Temporary Resident Visa

Read More

Once a positive LMIA or Provincial Nomination Certificate is obtained by our sister company, Levine Associates uses the LMIA or Nomination Certificate, your credentials, reference letters and other materials to obtain a work permit.  A work permit is a document that legally allows you to work in Canada. Your spouse or common law partner will receive an open work permit. If you are coming from a country that is visa exempt, the work permit can be processed at a port of entry such as an airport or a border crossing when you arrive in Canada.  If you are coming from a country that requires a visa, Levine Associates will assist you with the Canadian visa process.  A Canadian work permit is typically issued for two years and cannot be issued for a duration that is longer than the validity of your passport.  Please note that TECHMIND International requires our candidates to use Levine Associates services for the work permit and the Canadian temporary resident visa services.  This is done to ensure that the applications are submitted correctly and that the process runs as efficiently as possible.

Moving to Canada

Read More

Levine Associates offers a complete range of services including work permit and temporary resident visa applications (where required). Please feel free to contact Levine Associates if you have any immigration related questions. Our partners at Levine Associates will help you with permanent immigration to Canada.