Senior Developer (Game Development)
Our client is seeking several senior computer programmers to join its expanding Halifax, Nova Scotia operation. The company is recognized worldwide as a leading independent game developer and innovator in videogame development technology. The company has produced a diverse range of high quality, critically acclaimed and award winning games for high-end PC, console, tablets and smartphones, working with both top tier publishing partners and self-published.
Each successful candidate will be expected to work as part of a multi-discipline development team and contribute technical, creative and innovative ideas while striving to deliver top quality games.
Primary Responsibilities include:
• Lead teams of programmers
• design systems, algorithms, data-structures and APIs
• implement, optimize and maintain code in appropriate programming languages (typically C++, C# or Lua)
• develop tests using automated frameworks and manual processes
• Solving complex technical problems that occur during production
• Understanding and presenting complex written information, ideas and instructions clearly and precisely.
• Working closely with team members to meet the needs of a project
• Liaise and communicate with the rest of the team (including designers, artists, animators, producers and audio engineers) gathering their input and requirements
The successful candidates must: • have an undergraduate degree in computer science or game development • have a minimum of six years work experience in programming, an advanced understanding of C++ and object oriented programming, and experience with either DirectX Graphics, ‘LAMP’ server environments, console toolchains, GUI APIs, LUA scripts, or ASM • be familiar with Xbox 360 and/or Playstation 3 • development/Networking/Multi-Threading is an asset • have a passion and aptitude for game systems development
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Apply For This Job