STUDIO ART DIRECTOR (GAMING)
Our client is seeking an experienced Art Director to join its expanding Halifax operation. The company is recognized worldwide as a leading independent game developer and innovator in videogame development technology. The company has produced a diverse range of high quality, critically acclaimed and award winning games for high-end PC, console, tablets and smartphones, working with both top tier publishing partners and self-published.
• Define visual styles and set art targets for the team.
• Evangelize art styles to both internal and external, including creating documentation such as ADD and style guides.
• Communicate authoritatively on all aspects of game visuals to discipline leads.
• Gauge team member’s skill sets, give effective critique and restructure teams for the best possible outcome for current and future projects.
• Identifying and interviewing art candidates for planned expansion.
• Previous experience where art direction is key on realised projects, from pre-production through to shipping.
• A degree or equivalent qualification in an art-based subject.
• Successful leadership/management and recruitment track record.
• Strong understanding of the real-time graphical issues.
• Strong observational skills and good drawing skills in order to effectively communicate ideas to the various disciplines are vital.
• A solid grounding in Max, Maya or other 3D packages including ZBrush.
• Ability to communicate ideas and best process clearly throughout the entire team, including directors and stakeholders.
We are looking for a candidate who is interested in permanent immigration to Canada and has a breadth or experience working with EU, US or Canadian companies.
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Apply For This Job